Are you an experienced Category Buyer, with the passion to drive commercial change? Do you want to be responsible for the procurement of market leading products across a retail, web and catalogue channel, with a budget in excess of £20m?
Hull£30,000-£35,000 + Benefits
Keeping people safe at work is what we do. It is our passion and our purpose. We boast sales figures in excess of £245million with a product portfolio split into 6 distinct categories, each with its own strategy, challenges and budget. As part of an ongoing period of investment in the future of the business, Arco are looking for professional, motivated Category Buyers who can lead and support a category to secure commercial advantage and maintain our position as 'Experts In Safety.'
Working alongside the category teams, your responsibilities will include:
* Supplier management, including price negotiation, to achieve the most competitive solution
* Management of all MOQ agreements, delivery and payment terms
* Agreement and tracking of rebates and marketing support
* Supplier review - regularly tracking performance to agreed KPI's
* Liaison between suppliers and the category teams to identify and source new products and bring through innovation
* Effective market trend monitoring including relevant commodity tracking
You will be a commercially aware, experienced, professional buyer with the ability to build process and relationships to maximise commercial advantage.
This role is pivotal to the success of the overall business strategy and offers the right person a challenging and exciting career in a growing business.
Closing Date 3rd December
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Hull, Beverley, Cottingham, Grimsby, Goole, Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Bridlington, Immingham, East Riding Of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire
Salary : £30-35k + Benefits
Date Advertised : 01 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.