The Logistics Co-ordinator will be the main interface between the customer and the Materials & Planning Dept., Production and the Warehouse & Distribution Departments, supporting a programme of work and handling customer orders from receipt of order to delivered.
The main duties will involve:
* Responsible for the life of a customer order, from receipt of call-off, purchase order, production scheduling and delivery to customer, this will incorporate the consolidation of all customer orders and generating production and material plans into a workable plan resulting in clear delivery goals.
* Act as the key interface with key internal and external customers, ensuring harmonious relationships are maintained.
* Report the impact of changes to orders, schedules and material plans to the management team making appropriate recommendations.
* Maintaining all bills of materials, structures and top-level codes.
* Implementing new products and revisions in an effective manner.
* Maintenance of all relevant data within the Integration Centre IT tool to ensure effective operation.
* Maintenance of order data, works orders and build schedules to ensure accurate reporting.
* Monitoring and Progressing of material availability and inventory management and control.
* Ensuring Production is loaded both efficiently and on-time.
* Ensure Delivery Performance targets are met and invoices are sent promptly upon completion.
* Direct contribution to IC strategy and objectives.
* Maintain Key Performance Indicators to support the business and focus upon continuous improvement.
* Assist with and ensure all relevant processes, procedures and work instructions are kept up to date and worked to.
* Project cost tracking and control.
This role provides the challenge of working in a high-pressure environment to ensure that quality of delivery to the customer is provided. There will also be the requirement of meeting short timescales.The ability to work to customer plans and makes decisions without supervision is essential. Logistics experience is ideal but not essential, as is MRP experience and a willingness to learn.
The 'ideal' experience and competencies are as follows:
* Logistics Background (Material Control)
* Understanding of forecast models and processes, supply & inventory management skills.
* General understanding of MRP
* Commercial awareness
* Computer literate, good understanding of Microsoft office, especially Excel
Problem solving capability: Ability to understand production processes, Ability to generate reports and spreadsheets, Ability to deliver results on time
Personal attributes :Adaptable team player in a highly active office environment, Able to communicate effectively at all levels, Good team working and motivational skills, Good organisational skills, Ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external suppliers
Please call Michael Simms and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgDue to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Scunthorpe
Salary : £16 - £17 pa
Date Advertised : 20 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.