Area Manager / Line Leader - Production
Job Title - Area Manager / Line Leader - Production
Salary - £25000-£30000 dependent on qualification and track record
Location - Scunthorpe
The third largest snack manufacturer in the UK, our client has been manufacturing a delicious range of crisps and snacks since 1956. With locations across the British Isles, our client's brands include household names such as Golden Wonder, Real Crisps & Mr Porky.
Due to continued success and expansion, there is now a requirement for an Area Manager / Line Leader. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager and responsible for Production Operators, you will be responsible for a team on shift where you will be fully accountable for achieving KPIs for Health and Safety, Quality and Hygiene, Customer Service and Costs.
* IOSH or similar in Health and Safety
* Food Manufacturing background with an appropriate Food Hygiene Qualification
* Level 3 Qualification in Leadership and Management
* Engineering Qualification or experience (desireable)
* Team Leadership and Team building
* Improving individual and team performance
* Improving manufacturing systems and process performance
* Effective time management and management of resources to achieve a plan
* Effective Communication and Computer literacy skills
* Positive can do approach who takes the initiative to improve self and others
* Set high standards for self and others
As a designated area owner you will develop and implement continuous improvement projects, using team members and appropriate specialist support staff, in respect to safety, quality, customer service and costs.
* To lead safely at all times complying to all H&S regulations, policies, rules and procedures
* To lead food safety at all times complying to regualtions, customer requirements policies and procedures
* To Lead quality at all times complying to customer requirements, polices and procedures
* To lead and manage resources to deliver a daily shift production plan and achieve customer service requirements
* Minimising all forms of wastage in your area of operation
* Maximising people and process productivity / Debottlenecking the production process
* Continual improve the performance of your team and all aspects of your area of responsibility
* Performance tracking and reporting
* People Management, recruitment, training and discipline.
In return for your contribution you will be rewarded with a competitive package, working for a leading organisation. If you feel you have what it takes, apply today!
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
Salary : £25k - 30k per year + DOQ & track record
Date Advertised : 20 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.